Engine manufacturer generates savings of $37m with ISO 50001
Detroit Diesel designs and builds heavy-duty engines aimed at the North America and overseas market. They employ 3,400 full time employees who are based in Detroit in a 3.2 million sq. ft. facility.
Accredited certification to ISO 50001 has enabled the business to achieve the following goals over the past 10 years:
- $37,000,000 in cost savings
- 32.5% increase in energy efficiency
- 93% increase in production
- 9% reduction in electricity
- 41% reduction in natural gas
- 35% reduction in diesel fuel
- 84% reduction in Greenhouse Gas
- 81% reduction in air emissions
- 10% reduction in water consumption
Further information is available in this factsheet on the Clean Energy Ministerial website.